Washington D.C.

Find out how much you can save by going solar in the Nation's Capital

Want to lead Washington D.C.'s transition to solar energy?

Did you know that the White House itself has solar panels on it? If that's not compelling enough to make you want to go solar, you'll also be doing our environment a great service by depending predominately on one of it's greatest natural resources: the sun.

As well, like all other homeowners in the United States, Washington D.C. residents will be able to take full advantage of the federal tax incentive, 26% of the systems cost. Meaning that in addition to saving money on a monthly basis, you'll also be able to deduct 26% of your solar system cost from what you owe Uncle Sam at the end of the year.

Help Washington D.C. lead the country's energy revolution and gain independence from the grid.

Home Solar in Washington D.C. Is More Affordable than Ever Before

  • Federal Tax credit may be available
  • Sell Your Extra Production with Net Metering

How Going Solar in Washington D.C. Works

Step 1: Sign up online
Step 2: Talk to a solar specialist
Step 3: Check out your custom design
Step 4: Relax during installation
Step 5: Watch your savings grow


Homeowners who choose to install solar panels in Washington D.C. will not only benefit from savings on their monthly utility bill, but they'll also have an opportunity to take advantage of the federal tax credit equal to 26% of the system cost*.

Like many other states, Washington D.C. utilities have Net Metering policies which allow homeowners to be credited for extra energy fed back to the power grid. If designed optimally, a homeowner can expect to offset 100% of their current electricity use while also having some left over to sell to the grid.

*Dividend Finance does not provide tax or legal advice. Please consult your tax advisor for more information.

Need more information about going solar in Washington D.C.?

Tax credits, rebates and incentives may vary depending on circumstances. We do not provide tax advice and recommend you consult with your tax advisor for guidance.